Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 22, 2011

I was out on the trail again today for 5 miles at Umstead.  Yesterday I went shopping for some new shoes because I've been having a few problems with the pairs I've been wearing.  I went to REI and had them bring out all  of the size 14 low hiking shoes and cross-training shoes they had in stock.  Surprisingly, about 10 pairs were produced.  Then I went through them one at a time, trying them on, sending back the ones that fit my feet poorly, and taking a stroll through the store on anything that seemed like they might work.  The Keen trail shoes that I've been wearing have a high spot that's been bruising the outside of my right foot.  So I tried on another pair of the same style Keens, and the high spot was immediately evident as I walked through the store.  I don't think I'll be wearing those Keens again for a while.  I came home with a new pair of Oboz Sawtooth's -- a brand I'd never heard of before, and a pair of Vasque Juxt's, another brand I've never tried on before.  Shopping was an interesting experience.

Shoes today felt good on the soles and and arches of my feet, they seem to be slightly narrow around my little toes, but no major issue, and I expect that may improve as I break the shoes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment