Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 28, 2011

Went out this morning and hiked 13 miles at Umstead state park with a 14 lb. pack and my new Oboz shoes.  Finished in about 5 1/2 hrs and had enough at the end to push the last uphill mile.  My feet were tired, but no blisters and no real pain, so I think they'll be keepers.  There were a couple of fast walkers in front of me who had no idea they were pacing me.  I closed the 100 yards between us by the end, then chatted for a few moments with a family of 4 kids who were out with their parents for a hike. 

Cheryl and I stopped in at REI on Tuesday when it was wet after a heavy rain and I've picked up a trail guide for the Uwharrie Moutains area an hour west of Cary.  People says it's really good training for the AT and the guide is full of hikes listed a Difficult or Difficult+ (whatever that means).  I guess that will be my destination in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment